Caring for Patients with Diabetes
The pharmacy team at SRx Pharmacy is knowledgeable in the treatment and management of type 1 and type 2 diabetes and have Certified Diabetic Educators (CDEs) and Certified Bariatric Educators (CBEs) available for consultation. We do not believe in group sessions and feel patients benefit the most when they receive individualized diabetes counseling and recommendations.
Our CDEs and CBEs are able to provide one-on-one appointments focusing on:
- Individualized diet and lifestyle counseling
- Training on diabetic devices such as blood glucose meters and Libre® readers and sensors
- Reviewing your current diabetic medications, assessing for side effects and efficacy
- Working together with your family doctor and/or endocrinologist to ensure you receive the best possible care allowing you to reach your glucose targets
- Teaching proper injection techniques of insulin and other injectable medications
- Teaching problem-solving strategies and skills to help you live a healthy, active lifestyle
- Support through online platforms for lifestyle management
- Reviewing any other problems or concerns you would like to address!
To schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our CDE/CBEs or to simply refill your prescriptions with SRx Pharmacy, please call 403-286-0013. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating you are interested in a diabetes or weight management appointment along with the best phone number to reach you and your preferred time to be contacted.